Indoor Pork Belly Burnt Ends
For the BBQ lover who doesn’t have access to a smoker, Sous Vide BBQ tends to be looked at as unattainable. This indoor recipe shows you it is possible to make amazing Pork Belly Burnt Ends with just your Anova and an oven!
I began my journey into Sous Vide cooking when I received an Anova for my birthday. Have gone on to start my own SV Instagram and blog. @jbsousvide I love experimenting and trying/sharing new recipes with everyone.
Prep Time: 00:05
Recipe Time: 24:00
155F / 68.3C
- 3lb Pork Belly
- Liquid Smoke / Molasses
- Meat Church Honey Hog Rub or BBQ rub of your choice
- 1/2 Stick of butter
- Brown Sugar
- Sticky BBQ Sauce of choice
- Salt your pork Belly and let sit uncovered in your fridge for at least 4 hours
- Combine liquid smoke / molasses and baste on Pork Belly. Bag the belly.
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 155.0ºF / 68.3ºC.
- When the 24hrs is up, place bag into an Ice bath to cool the internal temperature
- Open bag and wipe down pork belly till dry.
- Cube your Pork Belly. I choose 1.5” x 1.5” cubes. Generously season with your rub on all sides
- Set Cubes on an uncovered rack and place into a 350 degree oven to brown. Approx an hour. Rotating cubes twice with additional rub
- Once browned, transfer to a shallow tin
- Cube butter and place in tin with a small amount of bbq sauce, drizzle of honey and some brown sugar. Cover the tin with foil and place back in the over for 30 min
- Uncover tin and drizzle another small amount of bbq sauce and place back in the oven for 20-30 min or until the sauce sets