Garlic Butter Shrimp Rolls
Sous vide garlic butter shrimp lightly dressed with mayonnaise, lemon zest, and chives on a toasted garlic butter bun. The typical lobster roll can now roll over because this less costly crowd pleaser offers unique seafood flavor and the unmistakable snap and crunch of perfectly cooked shrimp without breaking the bank.
career mommy | home cook | sous vide | craft cocktails | food art | plating videos
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 00:30
134.6F / 57C
- 2 lb - 21-25 Count Raw Shrimp - tails on
- 1 stick 4oz - Butter
- 1 head (10 large cloves) - Garlic, chopped
- 1-2 Lemons, zested
- 1/4 cup - Chives,chopped
- 6 French Rolls
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1/2 cup - Mayonnaise
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 57ºC / 134.6ºF
- Place thawed shrimp in several plastic bags in a single layer. Microwave 1 stick of butter for 1 minute or until melted. Mix in 1/2 tsp salt and 1 head of chopped garlic. Spoon the melted butter mixture over the shrimp in the plastic bag.
- Drop the bags into the sous vide bath when the temperature of the water has reached 57C / 134.6F. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove cooked shrimp from bags and strain out garlic butter to be saved for later use. Remove tails from shrimp and chop into half-inch chunks and place into large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon zest, chives, and 1/4 tsp salt into the bowl with the shrimp. Mix until shrimp is evenly coated. Serve as is or refrigerate 2 hours before serving, if desired.
Finishing Steps - Toasted Garlic Bun
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsps of the reserved garlic butter and heat on medium to medium high. Toast French rolls in skillet on both sides for 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into French rolls and serve.