Sous Vide Cherry Infused Bourbon
Use fresh cherries to make your own infused cherry bourbon in just 2 hours. With a Sous Vide method, you can drink it tonight instead of waiting weeks for it to infuse in your cabinet.
The author of 5 cookbooks and the the blogger behind Healthy Slow Cooking. Kathy likes to show just how easy it is to make craft cocktails and healthy food.
Prep Time: 00:20
Recipe Time: 02:00
135F / 57.2C
- 1 pound / 454 g fresh cherries
- 1 1/2 cup / 355 ml bourbon
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135ºF (57ºC).
- You can pit the cherries with a cherry pitter. If you don't have one, just cut an "x" shape on the bottom of each cherry and leave the pit in.
- Add the cherries and bourbon to a plastic zip-seal bag and close. Mash the cherries by squeezing the sealed bag with your hands.
Place in the water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- Let cool to room temperature, then strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl with a pour spout. Pour into bottles, cover with a lid and store in the refrigerator.