Pork back without skin
Prep Time: 06:30
Recipe Time: 06:30
136.4F / 58C
- 2.5kg of pork back, skin attached.
- Bay Leaf (Laurbær blade) 8-10 stk
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 136.4ºF / 58.0ºC.
- Cut off the skin with as much fat as possible, try not to cut any meat off.
- Season the meat, put it in the vacuum bag, together with the bay leafs, seal bag and cook.
- The skin, fat still attached, cut it into thin slices, maybe 1/4” (1/2cm) bring a pot of water with salt (must be pretty salty) to a boil, then put the skin into the pot, leave it there for approximately 20 minutes, pull it out of the water, let it drip off, then put them in the oven at 200C for 30-35 minutes, drain fat from the sheet. Keep an eye on the skin, they should bubble up and become hard and crunchy!
- I seared the meat with a gas torch, next time, I will do it on a pan instead, since it is cold here now and my gas torch is small and therefore the meat became a little cold..