Sous Vide Chicken Legs
Nothing is better than coming home from a long day of work to a delicious meal — and these simple chicken legs promise just that. Pair this recipe with steamed rice and you're set.
Christian. Disabled veteran. Father. Named "One of the 10 best cooks in America" by Food Network, World Food Championship Qualified.
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 01:45
145F / 62.8C
- 4–6 whole chicken legs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- Thinly sliced scallion, for serving
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 145ºF (62ºC).
- Season the chicken legs with salt and pepper. Place in a large zipper lock or vacuum seal bag with the teriyaki and mirin. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting.
- Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the chicken is finished, heat the broiler to high. Line a broiler-safe baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Remove the chicken from the bag and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Broil chicken until the skin crisps and browns, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a a serving plate and top with scallions. Serve with rice on the side.