Black Cod - Shiitake, Leek, Dashi
Cooking a delicate piece of fish such as Black Cod can be worrisome, but you can alleviate the stress by sous viding it to perfection. Add umami bomb ingredients with Shiitake Mushrooms, Leek, and Dashi to create a comforting yet sophisticated dish. Sous vide Black Cos with Shiitake Mushrooms, Leeks, and Dashi Broth is a healthy and light meal packed with umami and unique flavor.
career mommy | home cook | sous vide | craft cocktails | food art | plating videos
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 00:30
134.6F / 57C
- 4 - 10oz Wild Black Cod Fillets
- 1 cup - Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup - Leeks, sliced
- 1 tsp - Hondashi Dashi Powder
- 2 cups - Water
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Canola Oil
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 57ºC / 134.6ºF
- Lightly season fish fillets with 1/4 tsp salt on both sides. Place into plastic bag in a single layer.
- Drop plastic bags into sous vide water bath once optimal cooking temperature of 57C / 134.6F has been reached. Cook for 30 minutes. Remove from plastic bags and strain from liquid produced during cooking.
Finishing Steps - Shiitake, Leek, Dashi
- Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1 tsp Hondashi Dashi Powder and mix well. Keep broth on simmer.
- On medium high heat, heat a saute pan with 2 tbsp canola oil. When the oil ripples, add sliced leeks and saute for 1 minute.
- Add sliced shiitake mushrooms to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Add 1/4 tsp salt and continue to saute for 8 minutes until mushrooms are soft and leeks are translucent. Remove from pan.
- Place each fish fillet in a shallow bowl. Divide the shiitake mushrooms and leeks and spoon onto the top of each fish.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of dashi broth over the fish. Ready to serve.