Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
What's better than bacon? Perfectly cooked, tender, and juicy pork loin wrapped in Bacon!
Hailing from Parts Unknown, Bear is a wizard in the kitchen. Cranking out some of the finest sous vide eats far and wide. He has a knack for down home comfort food and uses his Anova to make sure it's done perfectly, every time.
Prep Time: 30:00
Recipe Time: 04:00
142.5F / 61.4C
- 4-5 pound pork loin
- 12 strips thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pork rub or seasoning
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Set your Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 142.5ºF / 61.4ºC
- Trim pork loin of any loose/excess fat.
- Lay bacon strips on parchment paper, as close together as possible without overlapping. Spread mustard over bacon, and sprinkle with half of the seasoning rub.
- Lay pork loin on bacon.
- Wrap bacon around pork, securing ends alongside. The vacuum seal will help "set" the bacon.
- Bag up pork loin into a large vacuum bag, or if needed you can cut the loin in two to fit in a gallon size ziplock bag. Cook for 4.5 hours.
- Remove cooked pork loin from bag, dry thoroughly, and place on an elevated baking rack. Apply BBQ sauce to exterior, along with remaining seasonin
- Roast at 350F for 20-30 minutes in oven until bacon is crispy. Check every 10 minutes until bacon is desired consistency.
- Using the bacon strips as guides, slice into 1" thick medallions and serve!