90-Second Sous Vide Gin
Gin is simply vodka infused with herbs and spices, in particular juniper berries. In just 90 seconds you can transform vodka into your own custom-made gin and wow your guests!
Food. Drink. Travel. News. Founders of the International Food Blogger Conference (@IFBC) @Foodista
Prep Time: 00:10
Recipe Time: 00:02
176F / 80C
- 3 ounces vodka
- Zest of one small orange
- 8 juniper berries
- 10-12 coriander seeds
- 2 cardamom pods
- 8-10 Grains of Paradise (optional)
- 1 Tasmanian pepperberry (optional)
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 176°F (80°C).
- Combine all ingredients in a small zipper lock bag and seal using the water immersion technique. Place the bag in the water bath and set the timer for 90 seconds.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice. Massage the bag to further infuse the gin.
- Once chilled, remove the bag from the ice. Strain gin through a fine mesh strainer set over a medium bowl. Enjoy in your favorite cocktail.