2-Hour Sous Vide Limoncello
Limoncello (pronounced lee-mohn-CHEH-loh), a beautifully sweet Italian digestif, is easy and so inexpensive to produce. This sous vide version takes just 2 hours instead of the 6 to 8 weeks it normally takes to make this delicious beverage!
Food. Drink. Travel. News. Founders of the International Food Blogger Conference (@IFBC) @Foodista
Prep Time: 00:15
Recipe Time: 02:00
135F / 57.2C
- 10 fresh lemons, preferably organic
- 4 cups vodka
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135ºF (57ºC).
- Thoroughly wash lemons in hot water to remove wax and pat dry.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest in strips from the lemons, taking care to avoid any of the white pith. Save lemons for future use.
- Place zest strips in a large zipper lock bag with the vodka. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique and place the bag in the water bath. Set the timer for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup: Heat water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- When the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath. Strain the entire contents of the bag through a fine mesh strainer set over a large pitcher or bowl. Stir in the syrup.
- Transfer lemoncello to clean bottles with tight-fitting lids. Chill before serving in small glasses.